It sets out their recommendations including the proposal for a new organisation led and staffed by ex-offenders aimed at helping young offenders into work. The final report came out of discussions that took place in December 2010 between 30 of the young people – nominated by their peers – and 25 policy makers, including MPs and representatives from the Ministry of Justice, National Offender Management Service, the Youth Justice Board, prisons, probation trusts and private contractors currently managing prisons.
The project was our biggest to date – so big it needed its own website, which includes:
- The final report and summary.
- Trailer for a documentary fronted by Mercury Music Prize winning rapper Speech Debelle.
- Video of the whole project.
- Photos from the conference.
- Music written and performed by the young people.