Peer Mentoring Programme Volunteer (Essex)
Purpose of the role
To support User Voice staff in the completion of service user questionnaires, the recruitment of Mentors and Mentees for the programme and to assist the Programme Manager with administrative tasks during training sessions. The work is in various locations in Essex.
2 - 3 days per week (not exceeding 16 hours)
4 weeks in addition to a period of training
Responsibilities & Duties
Assist the Programme Manager to:
- Raise awareness of the Peer Mentoring Programme with service users
- Facilitate the completion of service user questionnaires
- Administrative duties during training sessions
Skills & Experience
- Excellent communication skills.
- Some knowledge of the Criminal Justice System, particularly Probation. First-hand experience is desirable.
- Experience of supporting trainers in teaching environments is desirable.
- A non-judgemental attitude.
- Good time keeping and punctuality.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Enthusiasm for User Voice’s mission and aims.
- Ability to work well with others, as well as individually.
- An invaluable experience working on a high profile project.
- An opportunity to contribute to an innovative programme.
- A chance to develop existing skills and gain new ones.
- Work experience to add to your CV.
- Support from User Voice staff including a personal development plan.
- Reimbursement of travel and lunch costs.
You will be provided with full training necessary for you to perform the role.
Yes, CRB checks are done at the earliest possible stage. However your CRB is not a barrier to this work and each case will be reviewed on its merits.
Yes, this is a standard requirement for all volunteers.
How to Apply
If you are interested please complete the volunteer registration form indicating the role you are interested in or email email@example.com or call 020 3137 7471.