Job title: Events Intern (voluntary)
Salary: Travel and Food expenses reimbursed
Location: London, W9
Hours: 2/3 days a week for 3 months (flexible)
CanDo Coffee is a social enterprise selling London’s favourite, Monmouth Coffee, from Piaggio Scooters on premium pitches across the city while offering employment opportunities to disadvantaged and excluded people.
Mark Johnson, founder of CanDo Coffee, once lived on the streets of Westminster addicted to heroin, and is now an award winning social entrepreneur, Guardian columnist, Ashoka Fellow and bestselling author.
CanDo is inspired by his success story and CanDo attitude.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to gain experience, skills and knowledge while contributing to an innovative start-up with social aims.
- Identifying and booking events (including festivals, conferences, parades and sporting events)
- Administering and booking private booking requests
- Maintaining events database
- Promoting CanDo Coffee to potential events customers
- Assisting staff and CEO with tasks as and when they arise
- Reliable and self-organised
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently
- Motivated and enthusiastic with a CanDo attitude
- Highly organised with ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Word and Excel
What this role can offer
- The opportunity to be involved with a start up at an exciting stage in its development
- The space to develop skills in a practical working environment
- A valuable experience contributing to real social change
- Reimbursement of reasonable travel and lunch expenses